Saturday, June 18, 2005

Problems with DNS and the clock

I'm not sure why, but this morning the DNS or network had died on my OpenDarwin installation. In addition, the clock had "stopped" ... or was going *extremely* slow. I ended up having to reboot. At first I was thinking it was a Darwinports issue ... or a repository issue ... since I was getting errors trying to fetch the most basic packages. When I went to grab a copy of Fink curl failed to resolve the DNS name. That's about when I rebooted.

When I got logged in then I could begin the download of Fink, and I went back to Darwinports and began the process of installing Gnome again ... not sure if it's going to work ... but it's installing!


Post a Comment

<< Home